Vous-êtes ici: AccueilSportFootballLigue2015 11 09Article 343121

League Report of Monday, 9 November 2015

Source: bamendaonline.net

Bangbullets to meet PWD in final

Bangbullets de Nkambe are of the hope that their name bears some meaning when they confront PWD of Bamenda in the finals of the Northwest Regional Second Division Champions on Sunday, November 15, 2015.

They made it to the finals after they clinched the last ticket in a grueling semi-final penalty kick victory, 7-6 over Tatecam FC of Bamenda yesterday.

Both sides failed to score in 90 minutes of regular play with each missing several goal scoring opportunities. They still continued with their misfortune in extra time; with Tatecam particularly who wasted an opportunity to score.

But when all the spectators were readying for the spot kick to decide the fate of the match, the unexpected happened. In the 117th minutes, winger Ejang Romeo burst lose from the right wing, speeding passed two defenders only to be blocked with a hand.

The referee pointed straight to the spot, prompting a violent reaction from the players of Tatecam who tried every possible means to stop the penalty from being executed. After the intervention of the police and team officials of Tatecam, Thierry Shey Koshi, the keeper of Bangbullets stepped up to take the kick and converted it expertly, sending his teams mates and supporters wild in celebration. But Koshi could not go any further than the edge of Tatecam’s penalty box when he received a heavy kick by a player of Tatecam.

After about 10 minutes of interruption and treatment of Koshi, the match resumed only for Tatecam to equalize from their first attempt at goal following a ball scrambled by Bangbullets defense. The die was cast and both sides resulted to penalty kicks with all converting the initial five spot kicks. Tatecam finally carried the day 7-6 and booked a place in the final against PWD of Bamenda.

Earlier on, PWD Bamenda beat Dzekwa Ranger FC of Jakiri 2-1 in a pulsating encounter. Benjamin Serge had opened the scoring at the 8th minutes, making most of the fans and supporters of PWD to think that it will be a walk in the park as they had predicted.

But Dzekwa Rangers soon settled in and gave PWD a run for their money, creating many several chances, particularly in the last 15 minutes of the game. This paid divided with a goal three minutes from time, but Benjamin Serge was once more called up to rescue his side with a fine sole effort at the 90th minutes to give his side a narrow 2-1 win and avoided the dread penalty shootout.

The final come up this week end, with the winners crown champion of the region and wins a ticket to represent the Northwest in the National Interpools competition to qualify team into the National Elite Two Championship.